Features Updates & Improvements
Expansion of Numeric & Monetary Fields
The PERSUIT app previously only supported 9 digits in the numeric and monetary fields where firms gave answers in their proposal. This limit has been approached recently and we wanted to make sure firms can confidently submit proposals with answers requiring more than 9 digits. We plan to eventually expand this through the entire app.
We've made improvements to support better account activation. Previously when a new user was added to PERSUIT and their account activation email link expired, they were taken down a reset password path which caused confusion. For any expired links, the user will now be prompted to type in their email to send over a new activation link. Further, newly created users whose organizations have SAML/SSO enabled will be prompted to log in to PERSUIT directly from the activation link, providing a much easier path to activation in less steps.
We have removed all the ways a user could opt themselves out of receiving the reset password email while still having control on all other subscription preferences. We also improved copy in the “Password Reset Requested” modal that prompts users to check their spam/junk inbox for password reset emails.
Discarding Draft Revisions
Previously, a firm user was unable to discard a draft proposal revision once it had been initiated. This was frustrating for the user who has changed their mind because they have no choice but to a submit a blank proposal to remove the ‘revising’ status. We recognize this can look quite unprofessional for the firm, and takes unnecessary time and focus from our in-house clients' days.
To create a frictionless experience for the firm user, we have now added the ability to discard a draft proposal revision. This allows a firm user to easily change their mind and roll back to the original proposal without submitting a revision.
- There is one use case that has not been addressed with this release. When a draft proposal revision exists, and the status changes to evaluating (not accepting further proposals) the firm can't delete the 'in progress' draft proposal unless the in-house team opens it up for them. This is an additional enhancement we’ll assess for priority over the next sprints.
- Will clicking ‘Discard draft’ discard the draft instantly?
- No. An alert box (modal) will appear asking the user if they’re sure they wish to discard their draft. The user will have an opportunity to confirm discard, or cancel and continue with the proposal revision.
- If the draft is discarded, can we get it back?
- No. Once the draft is gone, it’s gone. There is no archive or ‘bin’ that the user can access to restore the draft revision.
Added ‘Year’ to expanded RFP card items
In-house users viewing their homepage previously could not see the ‘year’ in the ‘important dates’ section of the expanded RFP cards. This caused confusion about when the date actually happened…was it this year? Last year? This was particularly difficult for firms with a high volume of requests. We've now added the 'year' to the important date section as seen below.